Thursday, August 6, 2009

Trying Again

Last year, my wife pressured me to start a blog . . . so I did. I posted "regularly" for about two weeks and then didn't do much after that. I posted a total of eight times. I decided I wanted to try blogging again, but didn't really want to use my old one, so I decided to start over again with a new blog.

The title of the blog, "Battle Against the Bewitchment of Intelligence," comes from Ludwig Wittgenstein's definition of philosophy in Philosophical Investigations: "Philosophy is the battle against the bewitchment of our intelligence by means of language."

In this blog, I will comment on various subjects, from theology, ethics, and philosophy to politics and world events to music and Pittsburgh sports. This fall, I am taking a reading class called "Theology After Wittgenstein" and working on my thesis concerning the Eucharist as political act, so I will often write on those topics in order to get some feedback and help me refine my thought.

My second post will most likely concern the song "Time Bomb" from Dave Matthews Band's recent release, Big Whiskey and the GrooGrux King.

No comments:

Post a Comment